Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

Studying The Bible - Gets Easier & Easier!

I must say, I am impressed. A random idea came to me to search the iPhone app store for Bible related applications, I found this one to be the most popular and top rated:


It's Free & it ties into an entire web based community. Try: http://www.YouVersion.com 

When you get the App you can register for a free YouVersion account as well. I've been playing with it all day right from my cell phone (this means even like 30 second breaks in the day are useful to learn).

My favorite features so far:
  • Instant Search - WOW, type in a scripture, a word, a chapter - anything.
  • ANY Version of the Bible - They have basically all of them - FREE.
  • AUDIO - Again, free - you can listen to many versions.
  • Reading Plans - My favorite feature (described below):
Reading Plans:

They have hundreds in here. Based on topics, devotion, questions, time, etc... So if you want to do narrow topics that are troubling you, 4-7 day reading plans. I'm enrolled in 3 right now, I finished Day 1 for each in 30 seconds or less.

The reading plan basically hops you around the Bible to the exact scriptures related to that topic. Incredible tool. 

I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment