Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2011

"I'm a Good Person...Doesn't That Mean Anything?"

No. It really doesn't in the end of the day.
...Says an avid Christian. This is the ONE thing I don't like about Christianity. Essentially, if you don't admit that 'Jesus is the one and only.' You have zero chance of being saved.

The thinking here is that its IMPOSSIBLE for humans to be truly-good. It's impossible for us not to sin. Even God recognized that so who are we to argue?

So, you may be a "good person" but you still sin. The ONLY way to wash sin and be forgiven of it is Jesus. This saddens me. It reminds me of endless dinner debates I had in the past concerning my future. My only argument was:
"But I live by the VALUES that Christianity teaches!  I'm a GOOD person and I do GOOD things. Heck, I'm better than most Christians I even know.
Doesn't that stand for ANYTHING?"
The answer I got: "No it doesn't. At the end all that counts is if you believe in Jesus as your true savior."  It just seems so rigid, stubborn and well, unfair. As I study, I suppose I'll understand more.

No comments:

Post a Comment