Search This Blog

Thursday, December 29, 2011

1 PETER 5:7, PSALM 55:22, PROVERBS 3:5-6, MATTHEW 6:27,

Reference this blog post to see why I'm writing about these particular versus of the Bible.


1 Peter 5:7:
"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
Right now, this particular verse is holding VERY near to my heart. It's precisely what I've been doing the last few days and all seems to be getting better so fast.


PSALM 55:22
"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken."
This scripture gives one such peace - makes you feel like you truly have nothing to worry about.


PROVERBS 3:5-6
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."
I love the word "paths" that came up here. I've been using that a LOT the last 10 days or so, never from reading it here - just a word that came to me.


MATTHEW 6:27
"Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"
Love this one because NO GREATER truth can be spoken. God or no God, religion or no religion - honestly answer this: "Can worrying help you in ANY way. No. Then we should stop! I've decided I'm going to now for sure."


Thanks "friend who's name I won't mention here" - you rock for showing me these!

No comments:

Post a Comment