Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Jesus - A Crazy Man or God - Pick One?

Hop in the time travel machine with me and let's go back 4-5 months:
Me: "But isn't it enough that I love the story of Jesus and that I believe in the values he taught, isn't that enough?"
I always believed this until I read "Christianity for Dummies," the author quotes C. Lewis, a very prominent Christian author who most in the Christian community really trust. C. Lewis basically called ME crazy for saying what I used to say (and I actually understand why).
C. Lewis says (and I paraphrase): "There's no such thing as just 'liking' his story. If you refuse to believe that Jesus was God but you 'like' his story - then YOU'RE crazy for liking a fool. Yes, because if you don't believe Jesus is God, you obviously must think he was a fool.  I mean the guy ran around calling himself God and apparently doing 'miracles.'  
What would YOU think right now if someone came to you and said "Follow me, worship me, do as I say for I am God." I know that if someone said that to me now, my immediate reaction would be "wow, you're crazy."

So, essentially - Christianity does not care for or allow middle ground - it's of no use. If you follow Jesus, then make him your God. If you don't, then nothing else is of value to Jesus. He doesn't want you to LIKE him, he says you need to worship him and accept him as your one and only.

No comments:

Post a Comment