Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

MOVIE Review: The Passion of The Christ

I had the random idea to watch "The Passion of the Christ" movie about a week ago when I was a few chapters into the "Dummies For Christianity" book. Just came to me...

I'd never seen it. When it first released, there was a LOT of controversy around it. Why? The only way to really understand is to see the movie. Christian or not, your eyes will tear up.

Jesus gets whipped, slashed and tortured. It's absolutely torturous to watch. They show the Jews as the ones who are killing him for "blasphemy" (as is described in the religion). Obviously, this would bring up some "controversy."

I Was Mistaken

I thought the movie was about the LIFE of Jesus. So I was hoping to learn more from it. However, I learned in the movie (a great lesson in itself), it's about his death. When someone say "Passion of Christ" they're referring to his willingness to suffer and die for our sins.

My Review:

DEFINITELY a must-see. BUT, read about Christianity first or else the movie will not make sense. The movie assumes you understand what terms/phrases and what the story is. It begins at him getting captured. It begins with him performing a miracle. It begins with the apostles.

You won't know any of that unless you've read first. After reading though, I kept having "OHHH AH HA" moments. 

Excellent excellent movie but my jaw was open the entire time. It's one of those movies you can't watch, but can't bare to even think about turning off. Just be warned, it's highly graphic and makes you FEEL every second of it.


Here You Go! I Found It On YouTube!



No comments:

Post a Comment