Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Kill, Rape, Steal - Believe In Jesus & Get a Free Card?

Today let me pose a question while I the answer. As you know I've already finished an entire book on Christianity - I'm currently studying the Bible.

In Christianity, Jesus says it is impossible for humans to live without sin. We are sinful from birth. Period.

That's exactly why God sacrificed his own son for us. He loves us so much. He still wanted to save us, even with our sins. Jesus is the ONLY human who was perfect, all good - no sin. He died for our sins.

His crucifixion serves as our freedom from our sins. Christianity also says:
"Being a good human or doing good things alone is not enough. It does not assure you the favor of God on Judgement day."
Only one thing can do that...Belief in Jesus. Only those that believe in Jesus can and will be saved. Every sin will be washed.

Well, now...hold on, WAIT a minute! (Time for my question)...

Does this mean I can do whatever sin I want? Kill, rape, steal?  So long as before I die, I say sorry and believe in Jesus, I'll be washed of all of them?

Sounds kind of like a FREE card no?  Kind of like something I can make an excuse out of?

Hmm...this is worth a thinking. Or is it more like...
Once you let Jesus in - he'll never even allow you to do all those bad things? Plus if you 'say' you believe in Jesus, but don't, well who's fooling God? Certainly not us humans! 
Very interesting. I guess what they mean is that all sins (when you were not a believer) will be forgiven. Once you ARE a believer, you can't sin like that - God won't allow you to.

Yes, I'm open for debate here - just remember, let's not get offended and go all bezerk. This is a SAFE place from those kinds...

1 comment:

  1. I think it's that once you truly love Jesus, you no longer "want" to do those things. Good hates evil. Will we sometimes slip up or have sinful thoughts? Of course--we're all still human, but it's how we react to those thoughts. Do we act on them? Do we let them manifest? No, we do our best to use self-control and strive for Christ-like behavior.

    ReplyDelete