Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hinduism - Ironic, Will Be My Toughest

I've diped my feet into many religions now, even if for just a moment. Christianity, Catholicism, Islam, Buddhism - most take about 4-5 paragraphs to understand the 40,000 foot overview.

Only one so far, I've spent 2-3 hours on and am totally lost still...

Ironically - it's the ONE religion I should know the best?  The one I've claimed to embrace for 28.5 years now? Hinduism...

I'm watching this video on YouTube and the only thing that comes to mind is:
It is...BUT...it isn't...
Just when I start to think "I get it," I hear a "welll...not exactly." It's frustrating me. It's making me angry. It's embarrassing me. Why don't I know this stuff? I should. This is pathetic. What right do I have to call myself a Hindu if I understand EVERY religion but my own?

I seem to recall a blog post I myself wrote labeled: "Blind Faith is No Faith." I've been blind all this time and it's time to dig my heels in.

Nothing more "meety" to report on just yet about Hinduism. Was frustrated with myself so I needed to vent. I'm done for now. So pathetic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment