Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Praying, Asking For a Sign, Then a Miracle?

Christians believe in the power of prayer. The power of prayer to give you answers to ANYTHING in the world. The fix ANYTHING in the world.

Religion or not, I've always prayed. I've always asked for "signs" when I'm troubled or lost. However, in the midst of my studies of Christianity, I thought "let me pray more in the Christian style."

Two nights ago I went to sleep asking God for a sign regarding 2 things in my life that are really troubling me as of late. I wanted a sign if he wants me to continue going in my direction.

Many would say this is not how God works - he doesn't just give signs. Some may say it's selfish. To them all I say, good for you. It's always worked for me. When I ask for a sign, I've always gotten it.  Even though I have no name to the God I pray to - he's always answered in the past.  Fine, even if it was not God - it was then "a power in the Universe" - whatever it was. 
Praying has been good to me.
6 hours after waking up, I get a phone call that my little nephew is finally on his way! I've waited at least 2 weeks eagerly for him, to the point of frustration (I'm not a very patient man).

MY TOY (batteries included ;)  IS HERE!  I immediately grabbed my pre-packed bag, jammed my car with his presents and was on my 2 hour drive to reach the hospital.

On the drive I realized - was that just an answer to my prayer?  Was that the sign I asked for?  Hours after I awake, God hands me this little miracle who is destined to change my life (who already has started changing my life)?

The questions I asked of in my prayer dealt with the process of finding a new life - or renewing my existing life. Well, this little nephew sucking his thumb in my lap has just changed the entire way I make a decision in my life - if that's not a sign, what is?

You tell me? Was my prayer answered?

No comments:

Post a Comment