Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christianity - What Is Grace?

Wow, a word mentioned 170 times in the Bible - must be important, right?

I found a great site that explains Grace and it's meaning - "What is Grace?"

The site quotes this:
Grace is God's unmerited favor. That is, grace is God doing good for us that we do not deserve. In the Bible, grace and mercy are like two heads of the same coin. Mercy is God withholding judgment or evil that I deserve; grace is God giving me blessing or good that I do not deserve. Because of God's mercy, I do not receive the judgment of God against my sins; because of God's grace, I receive eternal life and a promise of heaven though I do not deserve them. Both mercy and grace come to me though the Lord Jesus Christ.
Summary in Cave Man Terminology:

Humans suck. We do bad. We evil. We DESERVE bad things. But we get GOOD. God love us. God want our salvation. God sacrifice son for us. We get saved. = Grace

"God's unmerited favor" - Even though we deserve to be punished, God sacrifices for us to give us a channel to salvation. His love, that's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment