Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2011

Dare To Pray? Careful What You Ask For...

...you just may get it.

I mean it. As I search for religion, one thing I've become a FIRM believer of now is praying. When you pray from the HEART and genuinely ask for help, direction, a sign. You'll get it.

Just make sure for 2 things:

1. Be ready to accept the sign or path given - be on the lookout.
2. Be ready for a surprise - God can chose any way to deliver his message!

STORY TIME to illustrate what I mean...

A few nights ago I was very stressed over a situation. I felt I was losing control. Before I went to sleep, I prayed. This was the first time I asked God to GIVE me an answer. Period.

Sign, Direction, Path - I didn't care, I wanted God to just tell me what I needed to do. I wanted to know what was right.

Exactly 5 hours after I woke up, "something happened." I was sitting with a few people and a few "jokes" were said and all of a sudden I lost my temper. 
Honestly, even worse has been said to me in the past - but something, somehow led me to snapping in a MAJOR way.
I got SO angry, I barged out of the room and it ended up creating a MAJOR scene. So bad that I left the place, got in the car and headed home in a major "huff puff." I was really hurt, probably the most I've been in a while.

I was even more confused by my reaction than anything else.

3 minutes after I got into the car I had a "revelation." Everything I had prayed for the night before had just been answered. The reason I reacted so harshly and created a "scene" was because that was the EXACT thing that needed to happen!

Guess what?

That scene led to a domino effect of "things" and "discussions" that I've always been too afraid of or others have been too stubborn to discuss with me. (I know I know, Im being confusing, but sorry, I have to protect some of the privacy here).

Essentially - my Prayers were ANSWERED. My problems were solved. I had a path handed to me. I still get chills thinking about it - I'm not joking.

The lesson here?  The WAY God choses to answer your prayers COULD be painful. Be ready for it. The Path that God gives you MAY be difficult, but it's the path none-the-less.

So, be careful what you ask for, you may just get it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment