Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Journey Begins at CHRISTIANITY

I wish I could say I randomly chose Christianity, but that would be a lie. As of late (especially last few years), I seem to be getting surrounded by it.

This entire Journey began randomly.  I was sitting on my couch and out of no where, I hear a voice that says "I'm sick of this, get off your a** and go figure this out. Whatever is going on right now is not right - there's something out there. Go get it tiger."

I got up, went to my computer, logged into Amazon with a Lion's determination in my eyes to find the perfect book to start my journey with. I needed something to introduce me to Christianity but something that would REALLY dumb it down.

I didn't understand all this "apostle" business, John this, Paul that, Peter who. Old Testament, New Testament, Scriptures, Heaven, Hell, Jesus, Trinity - I needed the PRE-SCHOOL version!

And, boy did God deliver the PERFECT title to me..."CHRISTIANITY FOR DUMMIES!" Oh, stop giggling, I know it's a funny name. But you know what...

BRILLIANT bookAbsolutely BRILLIANT.

Written by Richard Wagner, a born-again Christian. Sir, hats off to you for taking something that can be so difficult to understand and making it easy. I owe you one.

*************
SIDE NOTE:
*************
I started this blog about 10 days after my Journey, so I'm ahead in my education, behind on my posting. By the time I write this, I've already finished the book. But I'll reveal my learnings, piece by piece over the coming days.

For now, want a good book?  I HIGHLY recommend Christianity For Dummies.

No comments:

Post a Comment