Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"My Name is Christ"

It's taking a lot of strength for me to make this post - but I will now. So, have you read THIS post? Couple days ago, titled, "The 3 Steps To Getting an Answer To a Prayer?" I made this post after something happened one morning.

3 nights ago before sleeping, I prayed to God. I thanked him and I posed the following question:
"I've been praying to you for years now, granted my style of praying has changed a lot recently. But, I've never had a name for you. I always just called you 'God.' But everyone I meet in my life has a name. Religion seems to be based around 'naming you.'
So you must have a name, right? If so, please tell me your name. What should I call you?"
The next morning, around 9:30 AM and I had 4 words come to my mind. It was in that weird state when you're not awake but you're awake enough to think.

I remember suddenly thinking "My Name is Christ." 

When this happened, I was in shock, even in my sleep. I even chuckled a bit and said to myself:
"WOW! Is that for real? Did you really just directly answer my prayer?
OR is this my subconscious playing tricks on my mind? Do I somehow just 'want' your name to be Christ for 'other' reasons and so I'm tricking myself?
OR since I've been mostly studying Christianity lately, am I just having this reaction because I am immersed in the name Christ right now?"
I'll be honest, I'm scared to accept what I heard. Why?

Because it means a LOT of changes in my life. It means fighting with my family maybe? It means recognizing and accepting. It's just all a bit too much at one time for me?

I spoke to a friend last night and she is convinced that what happened is the Truth and my prayer was answered. She told me NOT to worry about "what's next" and to simply keep praying. The only thing, she said, that I need to do right now is:
"Believe and ACCEPT that his name is Christ. Let him guide you out of the dessert and lost feeling and he'll show you what needs to happen next. Don't jump to making changes or anything - just ACCEPT."
BTW, I also laughed because apparently God is a man of a few words. LOL. He answered a 20 minute prayer with 4 words. My kind of guy!

** I think my finally posting this on the blog is sign of my accepting my prayer. Last night when I prayed, I DID call him "Christ." Not Jesus or God, just Christ, the name he gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment