Search This Blog

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Learn The Bible in 24 Hours

Being a Marketer, I got captivated by the Title! Sounds very promising. I've now about 6 hours in as of writing this and the feedback is about a 60% rating.

I'm finding it VERY difficult to follow the summaries, they seem to go by so fast. 

- A bombardment of new characters
- Wars, famines, fights, buildings - AHH so fast and so many.

But, is this a fault of the BOOK or just in general? Meaning, is it just the Bible - is it a topic that has no shortcut to learn properly?

I'm beginning to think that it may just be the Bible and the depth of it's teaching/topic/writing style. Meaning, it's hard to just understand it through summaries, most of the WISDOM of a Bible lies in the actual SCRIPTURES.

So, do I still recommend this book?  YES.

But, I'm getting certain now that you should study the Bible in TWO ways:

  1. Actually read or listen to it - scripture by scripture.
  2. THEN, read a summary on it (such as this book).
So far the Books I understand the most are definitely the ones I read line by line and also studied in summary books (or articles). 

No comments:

Post a Comment