Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My 2nd Visit To Church Service - Midweek Service

Today, I went to Church with a friend and her mom. 3 days ago, the idea randomly came to me and I wanted to go. I had missed the last 2 Sundays and would miss the next month traveling. So I figured I'd go.

In the beginning of service, there is a prayer with a "rock band." As soon as they started singing about God and his love, I got incredibly emotional for some reason. I controlled myself. But minutes later it'd happen again. I don't know what was wrong with me. I wanted to cry. I wasn't sad, if anything I felt great.

I rarely cry - I can count on two hands how many times I've cried in my life. It was really strange for me. I held it back but I still remember the feeling. I think the music just really got to me!

The Service:

Today we discussed "How To Have a Fruitful Fast" in which we went over many scriptures that discuss fasting. The Church is doing a "fast" for the first 21 days of the New Year to start with Strength and Faith. It's not Lint. You can give up a particular food, activity, a meal, anything - just do it in the name of God.

I liked the message a lot. I've decided to give up Pizza for 21 days :)  Pizza is my favorite food in the whole world. Here it goes!

Here Are Some Notes:

1. What is Fasting?  Voluntarily laying aside food for certain time, certain food/drink or activity for the sake of seeking God in prayer and devotion.


Here are 3 of the WRONG reasons to Fast (if you're doing it in the name of God).

1. Don't fast to GET something from God - he is not your personal Genie :)
2. It's not about "gaining favor" from God. He loves you anyways, he won't love you more.
3. Don't fast to lose weight. If that's a byproduct, fine, but it's not even a good way to lose weight!
(I think Pastor Dale was being a bit funny here too).


He also broke down "F.A.S.T" for us.

1. F = Be Focused.
2. A = Anticipate God's activity - Don't "predict" it, just know it will be good.
3. S = SATURATE yourself with SCRIPTURE
4. T = TURN your insights into ACTIONS.
* During your fast, you will get insight, Pastor Dale guaranteed that, whatever it is, you will get something. Just make sure to turn that into Action!

I've taken pictures of the note-sheets we got today. Sorry, I wrote all over it - hope you can still read it!



No comments:

Post a Comment