Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I Dream of a Scripture But Can't Remember It!

This is nuts. Lately, for the FIRST time in my life, I'm having dreams almost every night. The only thing different in my life is my nightly prayers - the new approach to praying.

The last TWO nights the dreams didn't make sense, I also forgot a good chunk of them. I'm convinced, however, that the answers I wanted are hidden in them.  For example, the night after God named himself to me, I had a dream with a Bible scripture in it that I could not remember.
My Question To God:
"Is there truly only one way to you? So if I accept Christ, then do I have to go around looking at others, especially family and friends as if they are doomed?
That doesn't make sense to me. They do that which they were taught from birth, how is that their fault? They are good people and pray to God more than I ever have.
Does accepting you Christ, mean that I have to shun or judge others? Because I will never be able to do that, I don't have the heart for that, especially my family!"
God's Answer Through a Prayer:
I had the following dream:
Someone very dear to my life is lying down, she's not feeling well, nothing serious, just a Cold. I leave whatever I was doing and come rushing to her. Ironically, the minute I climb into bed, I'm now laying on HER thighs.
She's actually running her hands through MY hair and somehow she's comforting ME? Weird...SHE was the one that was ill?
Suddenly, I see a small piece of paper lying on the pillow. I pick it up and open it. Instantly I recognize that it's a scripture from the Bible. I ask her "What is this? Where did it come from?"
She simply smiles at me and the dream ends :(
My analysis of the dream?

Frankly. I have no idea. But for the life of me, I can't remember the scripture on that note. Again, I sought council from a friend. She feels the dream is more a representation rather than direct. It was probably an answer to my prayer.

1.  The significance of the scripture was to reveal the dream as Holy - that's all. What was written on it was not important. Think about it, if that was not there, I would assume I was simply dreaming about a person I was missing.

2.  Since I was a child, whenever ill, I always ask my Mother or my Sister to run their hands through my hair, it brings me peace. It's weird. I typically fall asleep no matter how much pain I'm in. The person in the dream was doing just that - it symbolized love and peace.

3.  I forgot the scripture. Perhaps that means that my parents are NOT shunned. What's on that note is not important, it's that relationship with God that is!

4.  I was distressed. Well, obviously I went to sleep sad thinking about what to do, how to do...

5.  The dream ended on a smile from the person with me. Well, it's her smile that I've always spoken of. It has this way of lighting up my day. So again, that dream was all about bringing me peace.

Perhaps God was trying to tell me to relax. "Don't worry so much." Be at peace and let HIM handle all these details. In a way if you see, my question to him was answered in that dream (even if I don't remember all the details!).

No comments:

Post a Comment